When it comes to saltwater fish, livefood is the best food you can give your furry friend fish. It’s natural, healthy and enriched withnutritious elements. Live saltwater fishfood is great for hard-to-feed species like gobies, lionfish, pipefish,grunts etc. You may find a variety of commercial fish foods in pet supplies however,these commercial foods cant match the nutritional feature your furry friendfish. As a way to lengthy fish agood diet in order to meet their nutritional need, you must include live foods,frozen and freeze-dried foods of their diet.
Why Saltwater Fishes Need Live Food?
Since the live saltwater fish food is enriched with vitamins, itprovides additional nutrients to fish that ordinary commercial food cant give.Live brine shrimp, fiddler crabs, ghost shrimp, live amphipods, live amphipods etc are considered as the best live food to your saltwater petfishes.
1. If a fish is fed dieting which lacks livefoods, its immune system will likely be weakened. If your fish is fed a balanced dietcombining live foods and commercial food, they will prevent theparasites that will infect them.
2. Besides, providing your fish withbeneficial nutritional element live food can stimulate the natural instincts ofpursuing or searching the meal within your pet fishes. Fishes becomes more involvein feeding process and spends time seeking the foodstuffs.
3. Livesaltwater fish foodposseses an higher than normal nutrient content which has not been suffering fromprocessing. Contrary to it, freeze-dried foods and also other commercial foodslose an important volume of their nutrients during processing.
4. Live foods like live copepods, live amphipods and feeder fishes are fantastic options forvitamin supplements which are very needed for your furry friend fishes. When yourfish eats gut-loading feeder fish, brine shrimps or live insects, the vitaminsconsumed by options are directly ingested by your pet fishes.
5. Live foods dont break down ordissolve within your tank like various commercial foods. As a result of this, it doesntmodify the water quality of tank for your fish.
Difficulty with Live Fish Food
1. The main problem with live saltwater fish meals are they arecomparatively costlier than commercial foods like pellets, processedflakes etc. For that reason, many fish lovers would rather cultivate their particularlive foods.
2. Transmission of diseases and also otherviruses is yet another problem connected with live fish food. In the event thefeeder fish is afflicted with any viruses, it will directly pass theinfection in your pet fishes. In order to avoid this kind of problem you need to bevery careful about live foods.
3. You’ll be able to store commercial foods forlone but live foods may last just for couple weeks or days.
4. As a supplement to some regular food staple ofcommercial foods, you can give live foods in your saltwater fishes. Try and givea variety of live foods in moderate quantity. Overfeeding of live foodcould cause intestinal problems in your pet fishes.
Varieties of Live Food
When it comes to live food for saltwater fish, you will definately get a good amount of alternatives topick from. Probably the most popular as well aslive food for saltwater fish is brine shrimp, live copepods, live amphipods, white worms, feeder fish likemollies, guppies and goldfish etc. You’ll be able to sometimes treat you pet fishes withlive marine mussels also. Together with these food types, you can even lengthyfish frozen prawns, beef heart, and Tubifex worms. Ideas have given that you simplybrief idea about best live food forsaltwater fish.
The feeder fish are part ofthe dietary plan to your pet saltwater fish. Though freshwater feeder fish are very popularfoods and contain high amount of protein, you shouldn’t feed your saltwaterfish only them as feeder fishes lack efas. You will find there’s high risk ofdisease or infection transmission with feeder fish. If you buy contaminatedfeeder fish and design it for your furry friend fish, there’s a sheer chance that thisinfection will modify the saltwater fish within your aquarium.
Live Copepods: Juicy live copepods will be the perfect supply ofefas to your pet fish. You should buy live copepods fromstore or online, and start cultivating it within your tank for your fish. You canmore culture when needed to boost the populations in tank for your fish, normallyabout once per month. You’ll be able to grow copepods beyond your tank after which harvestthem within the aquarium.
As a way to culture copepods in the home,you may need air stone, an obvious plastic container and a combination of clean saltwater.After setting up the container, just add some copepods along with a source of food.Depending on the sort of copepods you want to cultivate, the type of food youmust feed them may be decided. Once you start reproducing copepods within yoursystem, they turn out to be the replenishing supply of nutrients to yoursaltwater fish.
As a way to harvest your copepods, youjust scoop out them utilizing a cup and pour them into tank for your fish. You’ll be able to harvestthem utilizing a capable net also.
Brine shrimps are some of the mostcommon types of live food for saltwaterfish. While you can get live brine shrimps from stores, cultivatingyour personal brine shrimps from eggs is also always easy. You should buy dried brineshrimp eggs from on-line or store. The directions of hatching the eggs arewritten on the packet. The shrimp eggs generally hatch within 24 to two days.You’ll want to culture your personal brine shrimp inside a clear plastic container with theair stone inside.
As a way to organize a wholesomebalanced diet for saltwater aquarium fish, you need to do dome research on thenutritional needs from the striper you’ve. Try and lengthy fishvariety of live foods as a supplement with their regular food staple of flakes andpellets. When it comes to giving the absolute best care and nutrition in yourbeloved pet fish, you ought to be trained in with all the basics about live foodsfor saltwater aquarium fish.